학생 1040nr-ez 폼 작성 질문입니다.

에피톤프로젝트 2015.03.05 11:05:19

안녕하세요

학교에서 알에이로 돈을 벌고 있는 가난한 유학생입니다. 올해도 마찬가지로 Glacier를 이용해서 택스 리턴폼을 작성중인데요

Based on the information entered, the U.S.- Korea, Republic of Income Tax Treaty allows an exemption from tax for your Compensation / Salary / Wages.
Article 21 of the U.S.- Korea, Republic of Income Tax Treaty allows an exemption for 5 calendar years for the Compensation / Salary / Wages. Therefore, the possible tax treaty exemption period is Aug 08, 2011 - Dec 31, 2015.
The possible tax treaty exemption applies to $2,000.00 of your Compensation / Salary / Wages.
Would you like to claim the maximum amount of exemption from tax allowed under the income tax treaty?
Yes, I would like to claim the maximum amount of exemption from tax for the Compensation / Salary / Wages; I understand that I must meet any qualifications listed above.
No, I DO NOT want to claim an exemption from tax for my Compensation / Salary / Wages.

Glacier에서 위와 같은 질문이 나왔는데요. 저는 이미 년초에 학교에서 자동으로 택스 면제처리를 받아서 $2000한에서 세금을 면제받았습니다.

그럼 이 항목에서 노 라고 선택하는게 맞나요? 

여기서 노를 선택을 하게 되면 1040nr-ez폼에서 택스 면제에 대한 항목을 넣지 않더라구요. 그런데 예스라고 적으면 임금은 예를 들어 10000불이면 12000으로 늘어나면서 2000불은 면제라고 명시하더라구요.

제가 생각한대로 노로 선택하는게 맞나요? 예스로 하게 되면 이중 면제를 받게 되는건가요?

그럼 감사합니다.