코스트코에 DHC 관련 이메일 보냈습니다.

호머 2020.12.16 19:15:06

12/17/2020

코스트코에서 아래와 같은 답변을 받았습니다. 뻔한 답변이긴 하지만 코스트코 내부 검토를 통해 적당한 조치를 취했으면 좋겠습니다. 

Subject

DHC products do not belong in Costco warehouses
Response By Email (Medora E.) (12/17/2020 02:21 PM)
Hello 호머,

My name is Medora, and I’m with the Costco Member Services Team. Thanks for taking the time to write in, your opinion and suggestions matter a lot to us,

Your email has been forwarded to the appropriate departments for their review. Thanks for being such a valued and engaged member.

Please Contact Us if there's anything else that we can assist with. 

Happy holidays!

This email is no longer monitored. For further assistance please Contact Us . Our teams look forward to helping you!

If you are having issues accessing via the link, please copy and paste this url into your browser: https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9

Sincerely,

Medora E.
 Member Service Center
 Costco Wholesale Corporation
Customer By Service Email (호머 이메일) (12/16/2020 06:45 AM)
Dear Mr. Jelinek

I am writing this email after seeing DHC beauty products at my local Costco warehouse. Witnessing products of a company that represents hate, sexism, and racism deeply concerned me. DHC's chairman made news today for using a derogatory slur that is discriminatory towards Koreans. You can see Barron's article describing the incident in the following link. 

This type of behavior is not new to DHC. They have shown patterns of discriminatory, racist, and sexist behaviors by sponsoring or providing platforms that describe war-time sex slaves as prostitutes that just wanted to earn some money. Any light research on Google will show these patterns of behaviors. 

I am a proud member of your Warehouse, and I genuinely want your company to have long term success. I always felt proud to shop at a company that takes care of its employees, valued its members, and you always displayed as a company that highly valued ESG efforts. I hope this email will alert you and your team and I encourage you to look into the matter. You do not need to be associated with a company that endorses hate. I hope you will use this opportunity to evaluate all your vendors. 

Sincerely, 

[호머]

---------------------

12/16/2020

얼마전에 코스트코에서 DHC 제품을 파는것을 보고 기분이 좀 어짢았었는데 오늘 DHC회장의 혐한 기사를 보고 뭔가 해야할 것 같아서 코스트코에 이메일 보냈습니다. 제 가족이 즐겨가는 코스트코에서 증오와 차별을 promote 하는 기업의 제품을 본것에 대한 유감을 표했습니다. 더하여, DHC사의 이런 행보가 코스트코의 ESG Principle과 일치하는지에 대한 검토를 요청했습니다. 

제 이메일을 읽을지, 읽었다 하더라도 관심을 가질지는 모르지만 뭐라도 해야 할 것 같아 이메일 보냈는데 어떻게 될 지 모르겠습니다. 혹시라도 답변을 받으면 업데이트 하겠습니다. 참고로 이메일은 CEO인 Craig Jelinek (cjelinek@costco.com)과 customer service (memberservice@costco.com)에 보냈습니다.