영주권 리뉴 지연으로 I-797 폼으로 1년간 영주권 연장 가능

monk 2021.01.22 09:18:32

저희 남편 영주권 갱신 신청을 지난 9월에 접수했지만 바이오가 소식이 없어 초조하게 기다리는 중이었는데 이민국에 이런 냐용이 업데이트 되었네요.

올 1월 부터 영주권 리뉴 서류 접수하시고 이민국에서 I-797 을 영수증으로 받으시게 되고 이 레터가 이전에 받았던 영주권 연장 스티커 역활을 하게 된다고 하네요. 

어떤 법률 사이트를 보니 수정된 I-797 폼에는 1년간 신분 연장 관련 멘트가 써있다고 하는데 저희처럼 작년에 신청한 사람들은 새로 수정된 접수증을 받게 된다는 이야기도 있고, 아님 기존 접수증과 만료된 영주권으로 입국이 가능하다는 이야기도 있네요. 

어쨌든 더 이상은 이민국에 방문하여 영주권 연장 스티커 혹은 스탬프를 받을 필요가 없다고 하네요.

아래는 이민국 사이트에 나와있는 내용 중 일부를 첨부했습니다. 

USCIS to Replace Sticker That Extends Validity of Green Cards

Release Date 
01/12/2021

Starting in January, we will replace the sticker that is currently issued to lawful permanent residents (LPRs) to extend the validity of their Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card (PRC or “Green Card”), with a revised Form I-797, Notice of Action. LPRs file Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, when their Green Cards expire or are about to expire. The revised Form I-797 notice will serve as a receipt notice for the Form I-90. 

When presented together with the Green Card, the revised Form I-797 notice will extend the Green Card’s validity for 12 months from the date on the front of the Green Card and will serve as temporary proof of the LPR’s status. This change ensures that LPRs with a recently expired Green Card will have documentation of identity, employment authorization, and authorization to return to the United States following temporary foreign travel.  

Form I-90 applicants who have not been issued a notice for a biometrics appointment and are in possession of their Green Card, will no longer have to visit an application support center to obtain temporary evidence of LPR status. Applicants who have already been scheduled for a biometrics appointment will not receive a revised notice and will be issued an extension sticker at their biometrics appointment. 

영주권 리뉴하시거나 혹은 I-90 접수 후 바이오 기다리시는 분들 참고하세요. ^^