대문글

MileMoa

검색

마일모아 게시판   [질문-기타]
Civil district court filing/lis pendens 를 과연 변호사없이 할 수 있나요? (원글업뎃입니다)earnest money 5천불 어떻게하면 찾을수있을까요?

violin77 | 2018.06.27 15:08:47 | 본문 건너뛰기 | 댓글 건너뛰기 쓰기

오늘 6시간동안 돌아다녔어요. Lien 하려고 법원 지하 갔더니 1층 변호사실 가보라고 하더라구요. 거기선 고양이한테 생선준 격이라며 2층 지방법원이라도 가보던가라고 했어요. 지방법원갔더니 스몰클레임은 2500불까지이니 civil district court filing 을 하라고합니다. 이 도시의 그 어느 변호사도 사건을 안 맞으려고 한다니까 변호사없이도 파일링할수있는데 문제는 양식이 따로 없으니 인터넷찾아보고 직접 만들어 제출하라고 합니다. 영어도 힘들고 어떻게 해야할지 모르겠다고 하니 켄터키 리걸 에이드 가보라고 합니다. 찾아갔더니 건물안 들여보내주지도 않고 문밖에서 종이한장주면서 거기에 적힌 번호로 먼저 연락해야한디고하네요. 전화하니 한시간뒤 연락주겠다고...그래서 전화가 왔는데 거긴 저소득층을 위한거라 도와줄 수 없다고하네요. 작년 12월에 간신히 한번 통화되었던 지역 board of realtor 건물이 근처에 있길래 직접 가봤더니 이건 뭐 폐가수준입니다. 답답한맘에 모기지 받을때 친해진 은행여직원 찾아갑니다. 이런저런 얘기를 나누고, 직원이 클로징직전에 싸인한 계약서 출력해주더니 9번 earnest money 쭉 읽어보면서 지금상황에선 court order 이외엔 돈 찾을방법이 없다네요. 집으로 오다가 차를 돌려 Demand letter 쓰는거까지 도와주다가 연락끓어버린 변호사사무실을 약속없이 찾아갔습니다. 다행히 이런저런 얘기 많이 들었지만 정작 자신은 너무바빠 파일링 해줄수 없다면서 승소할 가능성이 있긴하니까 하루빨리 로숫하고 동시에 lis pendens 를 해서 현재 펜딩인 저 집을 못팔게 하라네요. 소개해준 변호사 5시 문닫기전 후다닥 연락했으나 또 거절당했습니다. 내일 다운타운에 있는 로펌들 하나하나 문열고 들어갈까 생각중입니다만 희망이 보이질 않습니다...

==============================================

마모님들의 지혜를 구합니다. 5천불을 이렇게 포기할 수가 없어서요...

제가 사는 곳은 켄터키의 작은 마을입니다. 인구 2만5천명밖에 없어요. 그래서 아시안도 거의 없구요. 얼마나 서로서로 잘 아는지 한다리 건너면 모르는 사람이 없을정도에요 (물론 이방인인 저희가족말고 여기사는 백인들이요...) 지난 11월에 맘에 드는 집을 봤어요. 아래는 저희남편이 변호사한테 보낸 편지입니다...

Statement of events,

I was looking for a property over 5000 sq ft for my family in ____, KY. A property was available on the market located on 1229 Pillar Chase, Paducah, KY 42001 (MLS# 90251), listed by agent Jessica Housman of real estate company Sirk and Company.  Sellers are Calvin & Amy Bramlitt. This property was listed since 1/16/2017 as 5224 sq ft based on an appraisal that was performed many years ago.

Since I did not have a real estate agent, Jessica Housman offered to represent me as dual agent for this property. A sales price of $635,000 was reached and contract signed on 10/17/2017 with earnest money of $5,000 and closing date of 11/15/2017. Home inspection was performed and necessary repairs were agreed by the seller. When asked whether I should I hire a home appraiser or an attorney of my own, Jessica Housman recommended not to hire them since they will be hired by the mortgage lender. Home mortgage was obtained through the (지역이름) Bank and Trust Company of ____, KY. Appraisers were hired by _____ Bank and performed by Kelly Rejent (State license# 5250) and signed off by supervisor Michael Hill (State certification# 5196) on 11/06/2017. I did not receive the appraisal report until 11/13/2017. Upon review of the appraisal report, measured area of the house was 4627 sq ft, a discrepancy of 13%. I immediately reported this discrepancy to Jessica Housman. Jessica Housman contacted Michael Hill to repeat the measurement on the house.

The property was measured for the second time by Michael Hill on 11/14/2017, while Jessica Housman was present in the property. This time, the result was 4742 sq ft. However, in this appraisal, areas under 5 feet ceiling height in "Bonus Room" were included in this appraisal, which is against ANSI standard of sq ft measurements.

I spoke with Michael Hill pointing out errors on his measurements, specifically on inclusion of areas where ceiling height is less than 5 feet, which is against ANSI guidelines. He agreed on those errors, but refused to make appropriate changes.

Jessica Housman downplayed the discrepancy in sq ft. She insisted that since the appraised value ($638,000) was above sales price, I must proceed with closing. She also said due to lack of clause on sq ft discrepancy on the contract, I would lose the earnest money if I don't close on the property. I claimed, this is material misrepresentation and ultimately bait and switch of unsuspecting consumer.

On the morning of 11/15/2017, the scheduled day of closing, Jessica Housman and her husband Kevin Housman (also a realtor) went back to the house and attempted to measure the property themselves for the third time. The result was the same. The house was far below 5000 sq ft.

Due to unacceptably large discrepancy between advertised sq ft and repeatedly measured sq ft, I refused to close on the house at $635,000. I made a verbal offer to renegotiate the price and offered $605,000. The seller refused and insisted that advertised sq ft was correct. There is currently a dispute between the seller and I regarding the earnest money. Jessica Housman has sent numerous emails to me stating that if I do not sign the release of earnest money there will be legal actions against me, loss of earnest money, and I will be responsible for any legal fees. I feel this is material misrepresentation, bait and switch, and extortion through intimidation.

On 11/20/2017, the seller hired an appraiser measured the house and claimed it is 5008 sq ft. I requested copy of the sketch and offered to release the earnest money to the seller if measurements are correct per ANSI guideline. The seller refused to show me the new appraisal sketch, which makes me believe this is either a lie, or the measurements do not follow ANSI guidelines thus inflation of sq ft.

The property has been back on the market since 11/16/2017 advertised as 5008 sq ft with a disclaimer "Buyer must verify sq ft", also it does not state there is a "Earnest money in dispute from previous contract.",  even though earnest money dispute has not been resolved. At this time, I am concerned that the seller and listing agent are knowingly inflating the sq ft, which would be a fraudulent material misrepresentation.

On 5/17/2018, I received a letter from George Sirk stating that if one of parties involved does not file a litigation or agree to a mutual release, the earnest money will be released to the seller.

워낙 서로 다 아는 사이다보니 그런지 서로 짜고 있다는 느낌을 지울수가 없었요. 이 사건 동안 마이클 힐 며칠 연락도 안되었었구요. 두번째 잴때는 저희남편 오지도 못하게 했었구요. 그동안 제시카한테 저희남편이 욕과 협박도 엄청 들었어요. 에이미는 벌써 플로리다로 이사가버려서 저희한테 전화온건 에미이가 고용했다는 변호사였어요.  여기 변호사들 어느 누구도 사건 맡으려하질 않아요. 다들 타이틀변호사로서 먹고사는 건데 kirk 회사랑 사이나쁘고 싶지 않다는 거죠. 그나마 좀 솔직한 변호사가 그러더라구요. 이 도시에서는 변호사 못 찾을꺼라고...딴 도시 변호사 데려와야한다고...

정말 저희가 잘못한건가요? 그럼 저렇게 스퀘어핏이 작게 나왔어도 집을 사는게 맞는 이치였나요? 켄터키는 스몰클레임이 2500불이라서 스몰클레임도 못해요. 5천불이 얼마나 큰돈인데...어쩌면 좋을까요? 저희남편이 demand letter 보냈었더니 제시카가 그럼 집값을 내릴테니 집 사겠냐고 연락왔더라구요. 근데 저희는 이미 다른집을 사서 6월15일에 이사 왔거든요. 그리고 솔직히 그 집 너무 재수없어서 다시는 쳐다보기도 싫었구요. 사실 저렇게 집을 다시 마켓에 내놓은것 자체가 위법아닌가요? 아직 저희랑 법적으로 다 끝난게 아니잖아요. 앞으로 몇주뒤면 부동산업자가 5천불을 seller 한테 주겠다니, 너무 기가막혀서 가슴이 답답해요.

댓글 [29]

목록 스크랩

마일모아 게시판 [114,853] 분류

쓰기
1 / 5743
마일모아 사이트 맞춤 구글 검색