The privacy statement explains our collection, use, and disclosure of “personal information”.
As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, or email address.
Note that this Policy is only valid on our website, not any third party networks, even if they are referenced on our website. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself and comply with any relevant third party networks.
1. What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
Here are the types of information regarding the website users we may collect:
- Personal Info: Name and Email
- Communications: if you contact us for any reason, we will receive whatever information you voluntarily provide (e.g., your comments, feedback and reviews).
- Website Interaction: we see what content our website users access, when and how they interact with the website content/pages.
- Log Files: Like many other Web sites, milemoa.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information, however, are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
- BBS: When you register on our BBS Section located at https://www.milemoa.com/bbsor when you browse the WordPress-powered blog area, we collect information from you.
Registered Users at BBS Section
When you register to obtain a user account on the BBS Section (any such person, a “Registered User”), you may be asked to provide personal information (nickname and e-mail address) to create your account and establish a password. If you do provide your email address, it will allow us to send you your password if you should forget it. We will also use that personal information to establish and maintain your membership and provide you with the features we provide for Registered Users, and for the purpose of contacting you about upcoming news and events.
If you upload images to the BBS Section as a Registered User, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
– to allow you to post and comment in the BBS Section: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering service requested.
–Emails: We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails— for example, to reply to your email.
WordPress-powered Blog Section
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Newsletter opt-in through Feedblitz
When you opt-in to subscribe to our newsletter through Feedblitz at https://forms.feedblitz.com/fiy, your email address is stored at Feedblitz.com. You can unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of newsletters.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
2. How long we retain your data?
If you leave a comment at WordPress-powered Blog Section, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our BBS Section, we also store the information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their information at any time (except they cannot change their email address). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. Likewise, if you write a new post at BBS Section or leave comments, your post and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
3. What rights you have over your data?
If you have left comments on the WordPress section of this site, you may request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You may also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you are a registered user at the BBS Section of this site, you may freely delete your posts and comments. There is one exception. Once a comment has been posted, the original thread cannot be deleted. Similarly, once a comment has been posted in reply to an original comment, that original comment can no longer be deleted. In these instances, the user may, however, edit the content of his or her postings and/or comments.
- We will not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes to the extent it is forbidden by law. If our practices change, we will do so in accordance with applicable laws and will notify you in advance. California law requires that operators of online services disclose how they respond to a Do Not Track signal. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the online service that a user visits, indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked. At this time we do not respond to Do Not Track signal.
- You can request disclosure of your information collected by us by writing to the email at the end of this Policy. We will then provide the requested information, its sources and purposes of use, in a portable and easily accessible format within 45 days of the request.
- You have the right to request deletion of your personal information from our systems by submitting a request to the email at the end of this Policy. This will delete your membership at BBS section, but it will not automatically delete your posts and/or comments. You may delete posts and/or comments by yourself.
- You have the right to nondiscrimination for exercising your rights. That means you cannot be denied goods or services, charged different prices, or provided different quality of goods/services for asserting your legal rights.
EU Users’ Rights
- Your GDPR rights to be informed, to access, rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information. You have the right to obtain free information about what personal data we have obtained about you, where it is stored, for how long, for what purposes it is used, to whom it was disclosed. You have the right to have us, without undue delay, rectify of inaccurate personal data concerning you. That means you can request we change your personal data in our records, or have your incomplete personal data completed. You have the “right to be forgotten,” i.e. to have us delete your personal information, without undue delay, if the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. However, GDPR gives us the right to refuse erasure if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for keeping your information.
- GDPR gives you the right to restrict processing if any of the following applies:
If you contest the accuracy of your personal data, we will restrict processing it for a period enabling us to verify its accuracy.
ii. The processing is unlawful and you oppose its erasure and request instead the restriction of its use.
iii. We no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require us to restrict processing for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
iv. You have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
- Right to data portability. Upon request, we will provide you your personal data in our possession, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit that data to another controller if doing so does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Right to object. You can object, on grounds relating your particular situation, at any time, to processing of your personal information, if based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR. We will then have to stop processing, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, we will have to stop processing for these purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent. GDPR grants you the right to withdraw your earlier given consent, if any, to processing of your personal data at any time.
- Rights related to automated decision making. As a responsible business, we do not rely on any automated decision making, such as profiling.
4. How do we use your data?
We use the collected data for the following purposes:
- To provide the services and/or information that you have asked for.
- To respond to a court order, regulatory request or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, carry out our obligations, prevent fraud, facilitate disputes between users.
- To accomplish any other purpose for which the information was provided.
- In case there is a sale, merger or other transfer in the ownership of our website, the successor will receive personal information about our website users along with the assets transferred.
- To our contractors, business partners, third party service providers and other entities or individuals who provide support for our website. For example, integration and API partners.
- If we decide that disclosure is appropriate to protect the property, safety, rights of the website, its users or the public.
- Aggregated, anonymized information that does not identify any particular user can be disclosed without restriction.
- Visitor comments on the WordPress section of this site may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
5. How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Only our administrators are allowed to access our website’s password-protected server where your personal information is stored. We utilize SSL. However, any transmission of information over the Internet has its inherent risks, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Transmit personal information over the Internet at your own risk. We shall not be liable for circumvention of security measures or privacy settings on the website. It is your responsibility to keep your login credentials, if any, confidential.
- Analytics. This type of cookies shows us which pages users view, which links are popular, etc. These cookies only provide anonymized information that does not identify anybody personally. This information is then bundled with the similar information from the other users, so that we can analyze the general usage patterns.
- Essential cookies. These are necessary to provide the services that you have asked for. Without these essential cookies, our website would not be able to operate. They are necessary to enable users to navigate through the website and use its main features. E.g., essential cookies identify registered users so that they can access member-only areas of the site. Essential cookies keep users logged in. If a subscriber disables essential cookies, that subscriber won’t be able to get to all of the content that a subscription entitles them to. These cookies don't collect information that could be utilized for the purposes of marketing or figuring out what places on the internet you have visited.
- To improve your browsing experience. This type of cookies enables the site to remember users’ preferences and settings, such as geographic region or language. They can also be used to restrict the number of times an ad is shown, to remember which forms you have already filled in, so that you don’t have to do it again.
- To implement tracking technology on our website. This tracking does not use your personal information; it uses deidentified data (i.e., data that cannot be tied specifically to you). We will not combine this data with your other personal information without your prior express permission.
There is a way to turn off cookies by going to your browser’s Help or Settings menu. However, keep in mind that disabling cookies may limit your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
7. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
8. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 18. Our website is not directed to children under the age of 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided any personal info, it will be erased from our database as soon as reasonably possible, except when we need to keep that information for legal purposes or to notify a parent or guardian. However, portions of this data may remain in back-up archives or web logs even after we erase it from our databases. If a parent or guardian believes that a child has sent us personal information, send us an e-mail.
9. Your Consent
10. Special Note to International Users
The Website is hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the Website from Asia, the European Union, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
12. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can view and edit some of your account information yourself after logging in. If you terminate account, we may retain some information for as long as necessary to evaluate website usage, troubleshoot issues, resolve disputes and collect any fees owed. If you have any questions or wish to ask to access, modify or delete any of your personal data on our website, please contact us. Note that we can deny your request if we think it would violate any law or cause the information to be incorrect.
LAST UPDATED: 10/19/2022